Main menu

Pages

the real raleigh : brooks bell



Name Brooks Bell
Occupation Entrepreneur


Who do you live with Jesse Lipson and our 13.5 year old Sealyham Terrier, Theo
What’s your sign Gemini


Describe your style in 3 words minimalist + classic + a little bit of edge
What do you like to do in your home Sit by the fire with my husband Jes, listen to his playlist, drink wine and talk about our days.


One piece of advice you’d give an aspiring entrepreneur Bootstrap as long as you can. Hire the best people you can (barely) afford. Treat them really well, and get out of their way.



Fool proof dinner party tip Costumes, of course
Favorite cocktail Sloe Gin Fizz


Top 3 things you attribute your success to Setting goals, projecting confidence and embracing discomfort


Your favorite 3 things in your house The WWI portrait of my great grandfather, Brooks Hays. The portrait of my dog, Theo. He’s wearing a suit and looking very refined. The candid photos of Jes and me on the night we met.


What’s always in your refrigerator Blueberries, manchego cheese, and milk
What smell do you love OMG, Bacon


Where is the last place you traveled New York City
What did you bring back Amazing memories with our friends. We saw Hamilton on Broadway (amazing!) and had an incredible dinner at Blue Hill.


If you were a boxer, what song would you walk out to Short Skirt, Long Jacket by Cake


Favorite place to buy clothes Vermillion. Ashley has incredible style.
Favorite hotel The NoMad in NYC



Necessary extravagance Good moisturizer. I love Luzern Labs Force De Vie. It’s from the Alps, and has none of the toxins in most skincare today.


What’s really important to you right now Getting a better exercise regimen. It’s such a no brainer for your health, but it’s still hard to make it part of your daily routine.


What do you collect shoes, bags and black blazers


Two things you love about your job I love my team. Their enthusiasm for what we’re trying to accomplish is so infectious, and inspirational. I also love the craft of building a company, and trying to become a better leader every day.


Who would you want to play you in your biopic Anne Hathaway



Netflix obsession House of Cards. Claire Underwood (Robin Wright) is my style icon! She’s such a gorgeous, powerful bad ass.



What’s the most important thing you’ve learned this year With my business, staying focused on creating long term value. Listen to your team, and your customers. Choose excellence over growth.


Favorite piece of clothing right now My new Chanel combat boots


What would people be surprised to learn about you I grew up in Anchorage, Alaska. By the time I turned 18, I totaled 2 cars in 3 collisions: One with a bus, one with a moose, and one with a minivan. I haven’t had an car accident since.



reactions

Comments