Main menu

Pages

SUNSHINE, SURFING & SKINCARE

Surfing in Malibu, Girl, Surfboard, Wetsuit

I can't count how many times I promised myself this was going to be the summer when I finally take surfing lessons... I even went as far as purchasing a wet suit, yet somehow summers went by and I never made good on my promise. Well, last week it all changed! Last week I decided it was going to be now or never! And... I finally did it! 

Though I imagined many times what surfing would be like, I don't think I ever realized just how challenging it really is! Yes, call me naive but I thought that years of swimming and yoga should at least give me some edge! Well, let me tell you, I was wrong! Very, very wrong! Forget riding the wave, or even just standing up on the board, after my 3rd lesson, I more or less mastered paddling out, but that was pretty much my only achievement:) Well, that and really sore arms! Can we count that as an achievement? 

But I am not giving up! My fourth lesson is scheduled for next week and I am adamant about at least standing up on the board by the end of it! Overreaching? Perhaps, but I am an eternal optimist at heart!









Shower on the beach, Santa Monica Shower, Outside Shower



NEW Dove go fresh Revitalize Body Wash, NEW Dove go fresh Revitalize Beauty Bar
What I was a little less optimistic about was the condition of my skin after spending hours in the salt water. Even after the first lesson, the skin on my face, arms and legs, and especially elbows and knees was so dry, I seriously wanted to cry. To make matters even worse, my usual lotions and potions didn't help much, which send me into a state of complete and utter panic! 

But of course the state of panic didn't last long! You know me, I am a problem solver. If there is a problem I'll find a solution, and find a solution I did! While I use different lotions to remedy dry skin, I never really considered that I could actually start my skincare routine right in the shower! I now love to use the NEW Dove go fresh Revitalize Body Wash and Beauty Bar right after my surfing lessons. These new cleansers are mild, help replenish my skin and my face is now starting to look human again:) Another reason why I like the NEW Dove go fresh Revitalize products is because not only do they provide the perfect combination of freshness and care but also because I am a bit obsessed with the scent! The combination of mandarin and tiare flower is absolutely amazing and leaves your skin refreshed and renewed! And sure bringing a big bottle of body wash to the beach may not be ideal, but you know what, the payoff is definitely worth it! The way I see it, I would bring a canister if it guaranteed I didn't have to deal with dry skin:)! 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this story and I will keep you posted on my surfing progress!

This post was created in partnership with Dove. I have been compensated for my participation, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.


reactions

Comments